Collaborative Leadership Certification Program
Mission-Driven Leaders! We designed the Collaborative Leadership Certification Program (CLCP) trainings for you.
If you value collective decision-making, strive to align your teams on relevant strategic initiatives (set by the team), and understand that your team’s potential success lies in the use of shared leadership but you need an effective structure, this course is for you! You will receive a plethora of essential tools to implement shared/participatory leadership and management practices within your team starting now!
We’ve spent years researching the problems and potentials associated with organizational communication and collaborative leadership. We used what we learned to develop a set of shared leadership practices that we call Collab™.
In our trainings, you’ll learn to use Collab™ to bring flow, harmony, ease, and continual improvement to your organization.
Collab™ will also help you expand your collaborative leadership capacity through communication and business skills, personal development, and conflict management.
Our rigorous and inspiring certification process is intended to get you fully trained and licensed to use CollabTM as a facilitator and leader in your organization or as an independent consultant and implementer. Certification begins with the Collab™ 101 and proceeds through three certification levels.
On this page you’ll find on how to become a certified Level I Facilitator!!
But this isn’t just about the tools. To be a strong collaborative leader, you must have a deep understanding of how to meet people where they are and bring your team together. You must practice presence and active listening, develop your problem solving skills, and understand that when one member of the team has a problem, the team has a problem.
Invest in your Collaborative Leadership
Your team is stronger with aligned, shared, and strategic leadership.
We are proud to announce that Level I enrollment is open NOW, which will support you in building the skills necessary to transform your own leadership and your team’s work. Level I is designed to meet you where you are (with coaching sessions), to build your leadership capabilities through practice, and to deepen your grasp of your own group’s dynamics.
Benefits you won’t want to miss:
- Individual coached facilitation practice to get the necessary feedback to grow your shared leadership skills
- Leverage how you share power in your team for social change
- Become the instrument to strengthen and align your team
- Creating a strong self-management system
- Harness the power of distributed, agile governance to make sustainable changes you didn’t think were possible
- The effective process that guides you to use the energy of the collective to make innovative decisions
- Connection and learning within a community of mission-driven change-makers like you
- Tools for more efficient meetings with clear decisions and next steps
- Being able to use CollabTM as a certified professional to understand what your leadership and your team need for growth!
What you’ll learn in Level I Collab™ Training:
- The Theory Behind Collab™: Is, in our opinion, the best system out there to provide individual growth and accountability within a system that supports the movement of the whole. Through learning the intricacies of collab you’ll understand how to:
- Leverage the ‘how’ of your organization to get far better ‘what’
- Get more energy and engagement from all team team members
- Innovate effective approaches and strategies collaboratively
- Align as ‘one’ to deliver on your vision, mission and values
- Collaborative accountability systems: starting with your personal task tracking system!
- Create a strong self-management system
- Utilize openness and transparency to build team trust and cohesion
- Become visibly on track and deliver on your and your team’s goals
- Deeper understanding of good facilitation: moving your team forward and integrate multiple perspectives while providing a forum for feedback and affirmations
- Build facilitation skills like managing difficult people
- Confidence to facilitate a participatory process to get clear, process-driven results
- Harness conflict and crisis (including negative emotions) into positive movement
What you need to know:
- The course will be delivered virtually and is flexible so you can learn at your own pace. Sign up here to start today!
- You’ll receive practical templates and rich, individualized training in how to build responsive, dynamic collaborative teams, with individual authority, shared accountability, and task and project tracking systems.
- You’ll have access to our online Community of Practice forums where you can discuss your team’s current challenges and receive feedback from Round Sky Coaches and other Level I Collab™ Training enrollees and peers.
- You’ll have a small co-hort to deepen your learning and engagement of collaborative practices along side.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in bi-weekly live training calls with Round Sky Coaches to get support with your collaborative leadership facilitation and the implementation of these practical tools in your team.
- You must go through Collab 101 first in order to continue on to Level I.
Meet the Instructors:
Cecile Green is a visionary, entrepreneur, experiential philosopher, and farmer with a passion for assisting mission driven organizations achieve their visions. As an integral scholar practitioner and life long learner, she holds a B.S. in Community Supported Agricultural Systems and has over two decades of experience in entrepreneurial environments. She has participated in nearly a dozen organizational launches and built from the ground up four successful businesses.
Charlotte is a dynamic, thoughtful, energetic person, who likes to spend her time helping others and making the world a more holistically supportive place. She earned a B. Arch. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and has pursued her love of the outdoors through gardening, farming, and the ski industry, and her talent for design and organization as a business owner. She continues to study nutrition and wellness, and can usually be found in the dirt, on a mountain trail with her pup, or out enjoying the beauty of Vermont and its people.
Daniel is fiercely committed to supporting socially responsible leaders achieve success without losing the deeply held values that inspired them to make the world a better place through their work. If you are looking for a dedicated ally for your growth who can guide you with great strength and compassion to address challenges you may have faced for years, like being more effective with the limited time you have, managing change in a kaleidoscopic marketplace, or dealing skillfully with difficult relationships, then you’re in the right place.
Thank you introducing us to the Collab Living Agenda process. These documents are now being used by nearly every jam organizing team around the world, and it’s made that organizing so much better!Shilpa Jain
The depth of this program really allowed us to unearth quick solutions to many different types of work problems. It’s a pretty amazing set of tools!Karen Taylor Mitchell
Upcoming Course Details:
(Level I Collab™ Training is NOW available with rolling admission)!
The Level I Collab™ Facilitator Training is conducted remotely and consists of 5 intensive modules, delivered through online meetings and personal study projects.
Ten Bi-Weekly Online Sessions to Start TODAY!
- Introducing the full framework of Collab™: a comprehensive communication, decision-making, meeting and personal development system for teams!
- Deepening your connection to Collaborative Accountability Systems
- Creating a Strong Self-Management System
- Distributing Power through Scopes and Roles
- Holding Space: Extraordinary Facilitation Skills!
How much does CLCP Level I Cost?
The cost of the Level I Training to become a certified Facilitator is $2500. This includes all learning materials, one on one coaching sessions, and the training.
Financial Aid and Scholarships Available:
Our intention is to make this course accessible to everyone. Monthly payment plans are available.
If you need support financially, please indicate this as you apply for the course and we’ll do our best to make it work! If you are a Vermont resident, you may be eligible for a VSAC non-degree grant. See more here.
We also have financial aid available if needed.
Completion certifies you as a Level I Collab™ Facilitator. You can choose to deepen your commitment to shared leadership training with Level II (available this September!) after your completion of this course!
Collab™ Level I Facilitator is able to:
- Introduce the framework of Collab™ to a group or person new to the practice
- Facilitate the Standard Meeting Practice successfully at least once under supervision
- Can sort and process governance and operations tensions
- Complete Level I certification test at a satisfactory level, including questions on the power matrix, the 7 conversations
- Explicitly use Collab™ and Collab™ branding with a Level I License, including transparency about certification level and meeting one of these conditions:
- You are using Collab™ internally in your own organization
- You are an employee of an organization implementing Collab™
- You are using Collab™ in non-commercial efforts such as volunteer relationships with groups and networks in which you participate.
- Offer contributions to the evolution of the Collab Methodology through a member of the Methodology scope
- Prerequisite: Collab™ 101