Do you work in mission-driven collaborative environment or team (such as a cooperative, non-profit, business, or mission-driven organization) that is collective or non-hierarchical?
We help people get to a place where their communication and decision-making is efficient, leadership is truly shared, and brilliance is recognized.
We can work with any team, (organizations, worker cooperatives, businesses, non-profits, or government) that wants to expand their capacity as a collaborative team.
Leading in a self-organizing environment requires a whole new set of skills and abilities that our hierarchical world does not teach us.
Knowing how to handle conflict and successfully and rapidly deal with issues is an art form that benefits tremendously from an effective set of communications practices your whole team can learn and use.
These are facilitative leadership skills we can develop that have the proven benefit of making your organization more efficient so that you no longer struggle with the slowness of hearing everyone’s opinion and the difficulty of making decisions with all of that input.
Our training is for you if your team is experiencing some of these challenges:
- Ineffective or frustrating meetings
- Unclear and ineffective decision making
- Differing expectations and unclear accountability
- Difficulty adapting to rapidly changing conditions
- Unequal access to information
- Confusion around who is supposed to fix which problems
- Ineffective mechanisms for getting or using input
- Too much time spent reactively putting out fires and not enough pursuing the bigger goals
We want you and your team to thrive through shared leadership and move forward on your mission!
What might some of the direct benefits be for you?
- Gain effectiveness in your organization and increase your capacity to make its vision a reality
- Tap the full engagement of your team and get yourself out of the weeds
- Acquire the tools and skills to figure out how to move your team forward through shared leadership
- Boost the excitement of collective alignment and engaged traction towards a better tomorrow where all voices can be heard and included
What your team will receive:
- A set of learnable practices that will move your team’s work forward and expand your team’s capacity
- An organizational analysis of your current state (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) through surveys of your whole team
- A collectively created and strategically aligned plan
- Clear direction and no lingering questions of who is doing what
- A simple personal development practice for each person in your team
- An effective conflict resolution process for your internal team conflicts
- A decision making process that is not about majority, but innovative and inclusive problem solving
What to Expect in our Training for Teams:
- We help you integrate Collab’s™ participatory management process into your organization by training you and your staff through regular meetings using your real life work material.
- Typically, it takes a team between 3-4 months of weekly facilitated meetings, with some homework in between sessions, to integrate this new system, Collab™.
- For organizations with multiple teams, we’ll either train all the teams individually or we’ll start with a pilot team or two and seed the organization with trained facilitators that can then train the rest of the organization with additional support from us.
Cost varies on the size of your mission-driven organization and what you need. Our services can be funded through strategic planning and organizational development grants.
What our clients are saying…
I gained some incredible and tangible insights that I feel I can implement immediately within my team. I finally feel there is a solution to the frustration and am encouraged about creating a functional organization.Riyon Harding