Do you work in mission-driven collaborative environment or team (such as a cooperative, non-profit, business, or mission-driven organization) that is collective or non-hierarchical?
We help people get to a place where their communication and decision-making is efficient, leadership is truly shared, and brilliance is recognized.
We can work with any team, (organizations, worker cooperatives, businesses, non-profits, or government) that wants to expand their capacity as a collaborative team.
Leading in a self-organizing environment requires a whole new set of skills and abilities that our hierarchical world does not teach us.
Knowing how to handle conflict and successfully and rapidly deal with issues is an art form that benefits tremendously from an effective set of communications practices your whole team can learn and use.
These are facilitative leadership skills we can develop that have the proven benefit of making your organization more efficient so that you no longer struggle with the slowness of hearing everyone’s opinion and the difficulty of making decisions with all of that input.
Our training is for you if your team is experiencing some of these challenges:
- Ineffective or frustrating meetings
- Unclear and ineffective decision making
- Differing expectations and unclear accountability
- Difficulty adapting to rapidly changing conditions
- Unequal access to information
- Confusion around who is supposed to fix which problems
- Ineffective mechanisms for getting or using input
- Too much time spent reactively putting out fires and not enough pursuing the bigger goals
We want you and your team to thrive through shared leadership and move forward on your mission!
What might some of the direct benefits be for you?
- Gain effectiveness in your organization and increase your capacity to make its vision a reality
- Tap the full engagement of your team and get yourself out of the weeds
- Acquire the tools and skills to figure out how to move your team forward through shared leadership
- Boost the excitement of collective alignment and engaged traction towards a better tomorrow where all voices can be heard and included
Our customized trainings are based on the research of Round Sky Solutions co-founders (Cecile and Daniel) that has been actualized into an innovative framework we call Collab. Collab is a set of simple, learn-able practices. With Collab in action, your team will transform management challenges into engagement, agility, efficiency, accountability, effective self-organization, a healthier work culture, and an improved financial capacity.
What your team will receive:
- A set of learnable practices that will move your team’s work forward and expand your team’s capacity
- An organizational analysis of your current state (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) through surveys of your whole team
- A collectively created and strategically aligned plan
- Clear direction and no lingering questions of who is doing what
- A simple personal development practice for each person in your team
- An effective conflict resolution process for your internal team conflicts
- A decision making process that is not about majority, but innovative and inclusive problem solving
What to Expect in our Training for Teams:
- We help you integrate Collab’s participatory management process into your organization by training you and your staff through regular meetings using your real life work material.
- Typically, it takes a team between 3-4 months of weekly facilitated meetings, with some homework in between sessions, to integrate this new system, Collab.
- For organizations with multiple teams, we’ll either train all the teams individually or we’ll start with a pilot team or two and seed the organization with trained facilitators that can then train the rest of the organization with additional support from us.
Cost varies on the size of your mission-driven organization and what you need. Our services can be funded through strategic planning and organizational development grants.
What our clients are saying…
Working with these tools has helped our growing business amalgamate our differing opinions and visions of the future. Thanks to this, we now have the tools to hold fair and effective meetings which will help us process the issues ahead.Timo Bradley
With your guidance you turned what could have been, at best, a jumbled waste of time or, perhaps worse, a clash of perspectives into a constructive reorientation of the focus of the group. In my mind, that was a turning point for the productivity of our team and the success of our work.Bryant Morgan
Working with Round Sky Solutions helped us tackle challenges in our business that we had been struggling with for quite some time. We saw immediate benefit from the systems we learned and we expect to continue to benefit for months and years to come. Each person on our administrative team gained clarity and we now have a process in place to support greatly improved communication and enhanced problem solving skills.Teresa Davis
I gained some incredible and tangible insights that I feel I can implement immediately within my team. I finally feel there is a solution to the frustration and am encouraged about creating a functional organization.Riyon Harding
Cecile taught and exposed us to a new model for problem identification and resolution. She was an effective conduit for getting everyone’s participation, enabling responses and moving the process along to theoretical results. She showed us how to dialogue about projects and issues, but even more critical – how to nail down the action component.Nancy Scheemaker
When we hired Round Sky, our business was at a pivotal point of growth – and we were feeling growing pains. With their training, we resolved a lot of issues, clarified our roles with one another, and now have a constructive place to bring our concerns to be discussed in a supportive and helpful way that will not only help us – but the overall company as well.Beth Robinson