Gain New Democratic Tools & Skills to Facilitate Flow in your Collective Decision-Making
Wednesday, July 14th | 3-5pm EDT | Online Interactive Workshop
Delivered in cooperation among cooperatives by Loomio and Round Sky Solutions
Learn collective decision-making tools that utilize the power of your team in this interactive workshop delivered by cooperative decision-making experts, Loomio and Round Sky.
Together, we will work through a decision-making framework (Integrative Consent) that integrates the best parts of collective decision-making processes for meaningful participation. You’ll learn how to facilitate this collective decision-making method in your remote and in-person meetings and in asynchronous decision-making.
In this workshop, you’ll also get a chance to work through when to make which decisions —
- Is this an individually made decision or collectively made?
- Is this a collective decision to be made live and together (whether in-person or on zoom) or can this decision be made asynchronously?
You will gain tactics and skills to use in all sorts of situations to facilitate clear and effective collective decision-making in your team.
Walk away with a process and tools you can start using with your team immediately.
Key take-aways include:
- A step by step collective decision-making process you can start using immediately in person, remotely, and even asynchronously!
- Participatory tactics to facilitate your team into more agile and innovative decision making
- Skills and tools to spot the distractions that prevent your team from efficiently making decisions together, including who has the power to do what in the process
- How to apply a decision making process online with Loomio; progress a discussion through decision to a clear outcome
- Tips and tricks for facilitating your team through the disagreements, ‘blocks’, and objections
This workshop is for you if sometimes you and your team experience:
- Discussions that go around and around in circles and take a long time to get to a conclusion
- Only a few people on the team dominate the decision-making process (perhaps unknowingly) and you don’t know how to change that
- Sometimes your team gets stuck simply because someone doesn’t agree
- You feel frustrated at times and are tempted to simply make the decision yourself because the show must go on!
- You have tried using email and chat tools to make a decision with your team, and people have been left behind, confused and disengaged
Who is this for?
- Managers, directors, & members in mission-driven teams (cooperatives, co-op boards, non-profits, worker self-directed nonprofits, & businesses)
- Cooperative developers, consultants, & coaches working with teams
- Business owners and leaders wanting to bring in new tools to meaningfully increase participation through decision making
Date & Time: Wednesday, July 14th, 2021 3-5pm EDT
Location: Online workshop held via zoom.
Zoom details will be sent to your email — expect participation!
- Full price: $75
- Group discount: Buy one, give your coworkers 30% off (check your confirmation email)
- 30% off for sharing this event on your social media (go here for directions and to confirm your spot)
*only one discount code per person*
*Note: No refunds will be offered from this workshop*
BONUS: All attendees get 30% off an annual Loomio subscription! Check your confirmation email for the code.