Collab™ 101: Essentials of Shared Leadership for Powerful Collaboration
Are you a part of a team that makes decisions together?
Do you want to facilitate meetings that are fun, effective, and inclusive?
Do you want a clear set of strategic initiatives that moves your team’s work forward?
Collaborative Leaders! We crafted the Collab™ 101 online course for you. If you value collective decision-making, strive to resolve conflict while strengthening your team, and understand that clear accountability is key to success, this course is for you! Participants will receive a plethora of essential tools to implement capacity-building practices within their teams.
Well-functioning workplaces demand strong interpersonal and organizational skills. And when you’re working closely with any team, it takes a high level of communication to ensure everyone is on the same page. Not all communication feels productive though. There are many ways to have open conversations that do not lead to clear results, increased understanding, or movement on projects. Collab™ 101 provides you with the necessary skills and practices to communicate effectively in your team.
We have built a comprehensive system that harnesses the brilliance of your team to drive clear strategic initiatives and action.
But this isn’t just about the tools. To be a strong collaborative leader, you must have a deep understanding of how to meet people where they are and bring your team together. You must practice presence and active listening, develop your problem solving skills, and understand that when one member of the team has a problem, the team has a problem.
Your team is stronger when all members are intentional, clear-headed, and unified.
Benefits you won’t want to miss:
- Increased organizational and individual understanding and resilience
- Increased facilitator confidence
- Increased capacity to deliver results
- Increased productivity and creativity
- A greater sense of satisfaction and recognition
- An understanding of your key leadership strengths and challenges
- Tools for more efficient meetings with clear decisions and next steps
What you’ll learn throughout the Collab™ 101 course:
- Meeting facilitation skills that will move your team forward and integrate multiple perspectives for creative and innovative solutions
- Collaborative meeting practices that are inclusive of all voices and work to keep the whole team on the same page
- Initiatives tracking system to support your team’s collective work on strategic plans while providing a forum for feedback and affirmations
- Personal development practices for managing challenging team dynamics and facilitating individual growth
What you need to know:
- The course will be completely online with downloadable videos explaining our capacity-building tools to learn at your own pace.
- You’ll receive practical templates to keep you and your team on track toward your vision, along with other user-friendly tools that you can put into practice instantly!
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in live training calls with Round Sky Coaches to get support with leadership and the implementation of these practical tools in your team.
- You’ll have access to online forums where you can discuss your team’s current challenges with Round Sky Coaches and other Collab™ 101 enrollees and peers.
How much does Collab™ 101 Cost?
Register today to get instant access to Collab 101!
Our brand new, exclusive online course for collaborators gives you access to 8 learning modules plus bonus videos, our community of practice forums, and live support calls with the Collab Instructors, all designed to enhance your ability to work in solid and joyous teams. Collab 101 is for sale at the small price of $295.
Our intention is to make this course accessible to everyone. You can pay through our 3 month payment plan if that works better for you. If finances are limiting you, please contact us for possible grant or scholarship opportunities.
Meet the Instructors:
Cecile Green is a visionary, entrepreneur, experiential philosopher, and farmer with a passion for assisting mission driven organizations achieve their visions. As an integral scholar practitioner and life long learner, she holds a B.S. in Community Supported Agricultural Systems and has over two decades of experience in entrepreneurial environments. She has participated in nearly a dozen organizational launches and built from the ground up four successful businesses.
Charlotte is a dynamic, thoughtful, energetic person, who likes to spend her time helping others and making the world a more holistically supportive place. She earned a B. Arch. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and has pursued her love of the outdoors through gardening, farming, and the ski industry, and her talent for design and organization as a business owner. She continues to study nutrition and wellness, and can usually be found in the dirt, on a mountain trail with her pup, or out enjoying the beauty of Vermont and its people.
Daniel is fiercely committed to supporting socially responsible leaders achieve success without losing the deeply held values that inspired them to make the world a better place through their work. If you are looking for a dedicated ally for your growth who can guide you with great strength and compassion to address challenges you may have faced for years, like being more effective with the limited time you have, managing change in a kaleidoscopic marketplace, or dealing skillfully with difficult relationships, then you’re in the right place.
8 Lessons for Collaborative Leaders and Teams
Lesson 1: An Introduction to Collab™ and the Course
- Gain an understanding of key terms used in Collab™
- Explore power dynamics and how they show up in your organization through understanding and using the Power Matrix framework
- Build effective, inclusive, mission-driven, power-sharing organizations and teams through Collab™’s key Seven conversations
Lesson 2: Personal Development: Building your Skills as a Facilitative Leader
- Gain an understanding of what personal development is and why it’s essential to collaborative work in organizations and teams.
- Learn several key frameworks and tools for self awareness, understanding and growth that will support you in becoming a more compassionate, creative, and effective team member.
Lesson 3: Facilitating Shared Power: Leading the Standard Meeting Practice
- Learn how to guide your meetings through a democratic process with clarity and action
- Understand practices to increase engagement and enjoyment in your meetings through Collab™’s collective agenda building process
- Learn how to sort and process issues efficiently
- Reduce time spent in meetings through our rapid decision-making process
- Develop your skills to complete meetings with clear next actions
Lesson 4: Recording the flow of Shared Power: Scribing the Standard Meeting Practice
- Learn how to record key meeting activities for maximum impact
- Receive access to tracking and meeting templates for your team to build collective and individual accountability into your meetings
- Integrate tracking as a participatory leadership practice
- Utilize openness and transparency to build team trust and cohesion
Lesson 5: Sharing Power through Effective Decision-Making, Integrative Consent
- Gain an understanding of various decision-making processes
- Receive a step-by-step guide on how to use a highly effective and innovative decision-making process, Integrative Consent to enable distributed decision-making that concretely moves things forward
- Learn to creatively harness conflict
- Build your confidence in implementing a collaborative process to bring out your team’s best solutions through the power of the collective
Lesson 6: High Performing Self-Organizing Accountability Systems Part 1: Distributing Power through Roles
- Learn how to clearly distribute authority and roles within your team’s scopes
- Gain an understanding of how to resolve the issues of hierarchy and unequal power dynamics
- Gain an understanding and a free template to clarify jobs and strengthen accountability
Lesson 7: High Performing Self-Organizing Accountability Systems Part 2: Collaborative Accountability Systems
- Understand how to keep track of and prioritize all the complexity in your work
- Learn how to implement strong self-managing accountability systems to increase productivity, reduce conflict, and obtain results sooner
- Get access to collective task tracking with the Ops Reports and Ops Tracker
Lesson 8: Gaining Traction on the Big Picture: the Full Spectrum of Organizational Power Sharing
- Learn how to implement shared leadership through organizational structure by following Collab™’s Seven Conversations
- Access exercises to develop your vision, mission, and values collectively
- Understand how to practice transparency through your business model and strategize for innovative solutions
- Resolve interpersonal conflict to strengthen your team
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Collab™?
Communication systems that aren’t designed with this flow in mind can be fractured, inconsistent, and unproductive. This can leave key team members in the dark and cause frustrating bottlenecks in an organization.
Collab™ is the operating system that we’ve developed in response to these problems. It’s a system that delivers power and action in collaboration.
More than that, Collab™ is a reaction to a worldwide problem. We believe that unskillful use and distribution of power is what lies at the heart of our many global crises. From wealth inequality to racial disharmony to climate change, our collective lack of traction in responding to these issues has a common theme: power.
That’s why Collab™ focuses on what power is, how it’s used, and how it can be distributed to create a better world.
Collab™ simplifies complex and difficult structures into a simple, comprehensive map that can bring effectiveness, impact, and joy to your organization.
Even better, Collab™ fits in place with your own already-existing communication systems, so you don’t have to tear anything down to keep creating!
How much of a time commitment is the course?
Will there be an opportunity to ask questions and get support from the instructors?
What if I cannot afford the course?
We can offer a monthly payment plans. If you are a low income Vermont resident, you can apply for a VSAC non-degree grant to help with the cost. If you are not eligible for the VSAC grant, we have a small amount of scholarships available.
Please email us at email@example.com if any of these pathways would make this more feasible for you.
Can I participate in more than one of your offerings or will there be too much overlap?
However, you may benefit from the customized support of coaching or trainings to maximize your understanding and ability to use these practices in your life, work, and teams. Collab™ 101 is a great place to start.
How do I know that this course is right for me and my work?
Because the course focuses on both individual and organizational development, it provides you with a skill set and training that you can take anywhere. Even if your job changes next month or next year, you’ll find that your new abilities will be useful to you wherever you are.