Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled some of the Frequently Asked Questions below. If the following information does not answer your question. Please feel free to contact us at
- Email: Support@roundskysolutions.com
- Office (messages only): (802) 552-0122
If your reason for contacting us is urgent, please make a note of that in the subject line or in your voice message and we will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Upcoming Live Calls (in 2019)
- Fri, Jan 11, 2019 - 12 pm EST (Add to your Calendar & Join Here!)
- Fri, April 12, 2019 - 12 pm EST (Add to your Calendar & Join Here!)
- Fri, July 12, 2019 - 12 pm EST (Add to your Calendar & Join Here!)
- Fri, October 11, 2019 - 12 pm EST (Add to your Calendar & Join Here!)
Live calls are held on quarterly (every 3 months) on the second Friday. Add them to your calendar above! More information on the homepage about connecting and best tips here.
We know this material might be brand new to you, and you’ll likely have a lot of questions when you start implementing these practices. There are multiple ways to receive support in Collab™ 101. We encourage you to participate in the forums. This community holds a lot of brilliance! Ask and answer questions here. The Live Calls are another great place to ask questions about the content of the course and the Collab™ practices.
If neither of those make sense for your question or you have other feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to reply to your questions within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
All of the information on this page and the course session pages linked to it are solely for use by participants enrolled in this course. None of the information, materials or recordings may be shared without the written permission of the Round Sky Team.
We are a small, but mighty cooperative! Please respect our non-sharing policy and if you’re energized by this work, encourage your communities to participate in our course. If finances are an issue for people in your network, contact us for support and creative ways to make it happen.
Privacy & Confidentiality
All of the information you provide us as part of registering for this course will only be used for teaching and administration of the course and will not be shared with third parties.
When you participate in the Live Calls, participants’ video images will be captured in the recording. If you do not want your image to appear in the recordings, please keep your camera turned off. You also have the option to connect by phone.
All comments in the live calls and forum will be not used outside of the course without your permission. Please contact us if you have further questions about privacy and confidentiality.
Course Frequently Asked Questions
What is the course schedule?
Collab™ 101 contains 8 lessons packed with a training video and multiple resources that you can work through at your own pace. You can binge watch all 8 lessons in one day if you’d like! However, we recommend watching one a week and implementing the practices and suggestions throughout the week so that you can incrementally build upon your collaborative leadership skills and practices. You’ll have the opportunity to share your experiences and ask questions in the course platform forums.
We will have our Live Calls twice a month (find the upcoming dates in the sidebar on the left).
How do I get support with navigating the course?
We have done our best to make the course user friendly. Here are some tips.
Whenever you see a plus sign + with a circle (on the right next to each question), click it to find more information. Your main navigation bar is the “Menu”, which is found on the left sidebar. The Menu includes the link to each lesson and these FAQs. Click the header on any page “Collab™ 101: Essentials of Shared Leadership for Powerful Collaboration” to go directly to the Course Home Page.
On the sidebar, you will also find the Live Call upcoming dates, information for support, our non-sharing policy, our privacy and confidentiality terms, and a link to the Course Materials Folder.
Note: go to the home page for the full version of support, non-sharing policy, and privacy and confidentiality terms. All of the lesson pages have an abbreviated version.
If you find that is difficult to find your way around the course, please email Rebecca at email@example.com for support.
How long do I have access to the Collab 101 course platform?
How do I access the course materials? What kinds of platforms will I be using?
You will be operating in a few different platforms throughout the course.
- You will spend most of your time in our Customized Course Platform that’s embedded into our website (you’re on it now!). You can access the course platform from anywhere. You will have to set up an account and a login.
- You will be using Zoom for the Live Calls twice a month. You can create an account or sign in with Google or Facebook. It’s easy! Follow this link to get started if you’re nervous, or just set aside 15 minutes before the first live call to get set up with Zoom. See below for more detailed Live Call FAQs!
- Lastly, all of our materials, images, and templates will be links from the Course Platform to a Google doc or Google Drive. You will need a google account to access the Google Drive. This may be a gmail account or another email that you have associated with a google account. If you do not have a google account, please create one here.
I'm not familiar with Google Docs or the Google Drive. Where do I get tutorials and help on this?
How do I make a copy of the templates provided in Google Drive?
- Open the document that you want to use. You will notice that it’s in “View Only” mode. That means you cannot edit this document.
- In the Google Doc toolbar, click “File” and then select “Make a Copy” from the drop down menu. A window will pop up (if it doesn’t, make sure your browser allows that) giving you the option to rename the copy of the template you have created. The name can always be changed afterward.
- You will have the option to organize the document into one of your folder. It will be automatically placed in your “My Drive” folder.
- Click “Ok” to create the document.
- The copy of the document will automatically open for you to start using Collab! Do not worry. It won’t be saved in the shared Course Materials Folder, and it won’t change the original document. Enjoy!
Can I use Collab copyrighted materials in my practice or on my website?
All of the information provided through the Collab 101 course platform, the live calls, the materials, emails, and all linked to it are solely for use by participants enrolled in this course. None of the information, materials or trainings may be shared without the written permission of the Round Sky Solutions. We are a small, but mighty cooperative! Please respect our non-sharing policy and if you’re energized by this work, encourage your communities to participate in our course. If finances are an issue for people in your network, contact us for support and creative ways to make it happen.
If you’d like to use Collab in your work that’s awesome! Please note that your participation in Collab 101 gives you license to use Collab™ practices and templates in your own personal life and in organizations you are already a part of. If you would like to be able to present Collab™ to others as a trainer or consultant where you are getting paid, you must be certified through our Collaborative Leadership Certification Program (CLCP). Please follow up with us to further your learning so that you can strengthen your understanding and maximize the use of these tools in your teams and get support from certified trainers to advance your learning and leadership training.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve been implementing the Collab™ practices and I have questions. Where should I ask them?
This is great news! We’re ready to support you. You can ask your questions and share your experience with us on the forums (we’ll be participating in them too) as well as on the Live Calls (happening twice a month). Don’t be shy!
If those two methods don’t make sense to you, you can reach out to us by email at email@example.com
How do I deepen my understanding and strengthen my skills in collaborative leadership and work?
Live Call Frequently Asked Questions
How do I call into my Live Calls?
If you are a first-time Zoom user, install the Zoom application on your device before the first live call begins. Go to Zoom.us if you’re using a computer. If you’re using a phones and/or tablet, please install the Zoom app before your first Live Call begins and test it out: iOS App and Android App. It’s simple and only takes a minute or two but we strongly advise not waiting until the last minute. Join the session five minutes before the start time as we plan to start on time.
To enter a course session, go to https://zoom.us/join and enter the Webinar ID: 560-840-6073.
You can also join Live Calls directly here. Note: You do NOT need to create a Zoom account to access these calls.
If you have a weak internet connection or none at all, you can also dial in by phone:
North America: 646-558-8656 (US Toll) or 408-638-0968 (US Toll)
International: See this list of phone numbers for a number in your country
Having Trouble? Here are Zoom’s Frequently Asked Questions!
What kind of tech will I need?
I’m worried about missing the Live Calls because of the different time zone. Do you have a suggested tool?
What are some best practices for the Live Calls?
If you ask a question during the Q&A segment, you’ll be visible and audible to all participants. For better quality video, try to have good lighting. Use headphones with a built in mic for better audio quality because using the mic on your computer or the speakerphone on your phone will often cause echoing.
Do your best to prepare with questions about implementing the practices and to share your experiences.