Collaborative Leadership Certification Program
Level I: Facilitative Leadership Skills
Gain cooperative leadership skills and practices in the Level I: Facilitative Leadership Skills training.
Online Training | 10 Sessions | Cohort Community
Increase your facilitative leadership capacity in this training by:
- Strengthening alignment & accountability in yourself & your team
- Building community & hashing out real world complexities in democratic management
- Honing in on and adding collaborative facilitation skills
Want to apply?? >> Apply Here!
Free Introductory Session: August 27, 2019 at 12pm EST — sign up below.
Attend the Free Introductory Session!
Tuesday, August 27th (2019) at 12pm EST.
Explore the solutions to and opportunities for shifting harmful power dynamics that our cooperative’s experience at this FREE Introductory Session. You’ll also learn more about the Collaborative Leadership Certification Program’s projects geared toward shifitng power dynamics in facilitation and collaboration.
You value the power of the collective and the importance of horizontal leadership and self organization.
You strive to nurture a culture of accountability in your teams, to design a people-centered and agile strategy, and to be a firm leader (that’s not dominating) to reach your team’s true potential.
You believe so strongly in the vision of your team, but you still feel stuck in the process, conflict, or never-ending task list. Time and again you see good intentions fail to truly deliver the results you desire.
What does it take to get the success that you and your team want and need without being a traditional manager?
- Strengthen humanizing leadership
- Facilitate more mindfully
- Nurture accountability
- Handle tricky group dynamics
Apply today for this Collaborative Leadership Training!
Level I is designed to meet you where you are, to integrate what you’ve learned about leadership and new understandings into your habits, to hone in on your accountability practices, your personal development practices and to hone in on somatic awareness as a key leadership tool.
Leverage Your Leadership
To be an effective collaborative leader, you must have a deep understanding of how to meet people where they are, what your team members need to do their best work, and how to bring your team together so that you can take your accountability practices beyond delegation. You must figure out how to even the workload and prioritize to prevent burnout, confusion, and resentment.
You’ll need both concrete tools and the somewhat abstract skills of leading a team to build up your team(s) and to facilitate efficient collective decision-making and conflict resolution. In this day, when one member of the team has a problem, more often than not, the whole team has a problem.
We designed this training to strengthen and build embodied, integrative, and intentional leadership!
Which of these benefits would improve your current situation?
Share your answer in the application below!
- A comprehensive approach to participatory management
- Shared power in your team for social change
- More productive meetings with clear outcomes and much less wasted time
- Tools to Strengthen and align your team
- Powerful, efficient, and inclusive decision making
- Governance practices to make sustainable (and crucial) changes
- Use the energy of the collective to make innovative decisions
- Workable and effective accountability
- Mindful facilitation skills
- Increased self-awareness of your strengths and how to grow
What our past and current students are saying:
On a chilly Sunday afternoon with some tea and mellow music in the background, I have read through Cecile Green’s article, “The Organizational Power Matrix”. I immediately reflected how much more I now understand about power.
What a fantastic resource in learning for me in thinking about this area – informing my somatic response to delving into this work with you all…no wonder my body knows through shivery excitement that THIS is what I needed to dig into.
Elly Wood, Level I Student Fall 2018
HR Assistant, Hunger Mountain Food Coop
My time with Round Sky and the Collab model has completely changed the way I move and work in the world. It is so comprehensive in it’s attention to detail as well as the big picture, in understanding how business works well and efficiently as well as understanding the psychology of whole human development.
Amanda Franz, Level I & II Graduate 2015
Somatic Movement Educator and Embodiment Activist
I found this training incredibly inspiring, mind expanding, practical, and life changing. The scale of what this system can do, and its capacity to reshape and upgrade how we work together cannot be overstated.
Jamie Kearney, Level I Graduate 2015
Certified Massage Therapist, Holistic Bodywork and Integral Coaching
Collab makes the conversations we’re all already having distinct and identifies exactly-right processes to turn those conversations into actionable outcomes. Collab is the most powerful set of tools I’ve encountered for empowering well-intentioned people and teams to streamline the processes of doing great work, while retaining the humanity that makes the work worth doing.
Jan Sage, Level I Graduate 2018
Learning Experience Designer, MediaSage
Learning to use Collab tools has dramatically increased my level of confidence in addressing complex situations in my organization and with our clients and partners. Where before I had vague intuitions and far more desire than knowledge about democratic processes, now I can competently assess trouble spots, suggest processes that address people’s needs for participation as well as structure, and use these processes myself to make concrete progress.
Noemi Giszpenc, Level I Graduate 2017
Executive Director, Cooperative Development Institute
The Collab course has really broadened my horizon in the space of organizational management for effectiveness and efficiency. I have begun implementing the Standard Meeting Practice with my team, and everyone seems to have found the “Aha” moment in their professional journey.
Francis Ghunney, Level I Graduate 2018
Managing Director & Mining Consultant, Mining Tool Ghana Ltd
Collab is a holistic approach to personal and group development that harnesses creative tension through well structured practice. It celebrates and leverages different ways of knowing and embraces embodiment as a tool of self-awareness.
Mike Crowley, Level I Graduate 2015
President, Yestermorrow Design/Build School
The Level 1 training, in particular, helped me to focus on my own work practices and development as a leader, deepening my effectiveness and my conceptual grasp of how and why Collab works. Also, it’s sharpened my commitment to leadership development for myself, my coworkers, and our clients. We can all be better leaders, and it’s not a mystery how that can happen!
Noemi Giszpenc, Level I Graduate 2017
Executive Director, Cooperative Development Institute
Get all the Details of the CLCP Level I: Facilitative Leadership Skills Training
- Facilitation practice with feedback to strengthen your shared leadership skills
- Practical templates and rich training to build responsive, dynamic collaborative teams, with empowered team members and working accountability
- A community of mission-driven change-makers like you to deepen your learning
- Weekly live training calls with Round Sky instructors to get support with your facilitation, implementation, and troubleshooting the current issues in your team
- Support for applying Level I to CEUs and RD CCE units
- Certification as a Collab Level 1: Facilitator to work as a professional and guide yourself and your team(s)
Who is this For?
- Managers, directors, & members in mission-driven teams (cooperatives, non-profits, boards, & businesses)
- Consultants, Coaches, & Cooperative Developers working with teams
- Small business owners doing succession planning or selling their business to their employees
- Leaders seeking new tools for their leadership and their team(s)
- Introductory Session on August 27th (scroll up to register!)
- Applications due now through September 10th! (Apply below)
- Course begins: Week of September 30th 2019
Click Here to Explore the 10 Intensive Sessions!
The Level I Collab Facilitator Training consists of 10 sessions delivered through video meetings, our online course platform, and personal study projects. The Level I curriculum is designed to gradually build upon each session. In each session there will be time given to troubleshoot real problems/scenarios, to connect with each other in the cohort, and to ask questions.
Session 1: Course Orientation & Theory of Collab
- Obtain the orientation to the course, instructors, assignments, and your cohort
- Get an overview of the theory that informs Collab’s processes for self-organized, collaborative, “teal”, and cooperative management systems
- The Power Matrix
- The Seven Conversations: Introduction to the 7 conversations that every team must have to stay on track in all aspects
- The Pillars and Principles of Collab
Session 2: Integrating Life Changing Facilitation
- Get a step by step introduction to facilitating the Standard Meeting Practice: Effective processes for knowing WHAT you and your team need in ANY situation and HOW to get there
- Learn tools and skills for facilitating productive and inclusive meetings for shared and self-organized teams, including LOTS of saved time!
- Build your facilitation skills such as how to manage difficult people, obtain accountability collaboratively and communicate with clarity
- Increase your ability to harness conflict and crisis (including negative emotions) into positive movement for your team
- Hone in on skills to facilitate fun and productive meetings\Obtain a practice you can reliably use to continuously improve your facilitation
Session 3: Understanding the Importance of Effective Self-management in a Self-organizing Team
- See the role of personal development in leading and managing
- Gain somatic awareness for skilled and grounded facilitation, including the better use of conflict in your team
- Learn a tangible and easily integrated approach to task and project tracking
- Integrate a project to upgrade or implement your own task tracking system that’s strong and intentional to visibly track your work and priorities in alignment with your team
Session 4: Gaining Clarity and Alignment through Efficient Collaborative Decision-Making
- Understand a collaborative decision-making tool to integrate different perspectives
- Gain confidence to facilitate a participatory process to get clear, process-driven results
- Access tools and processes to explicitly define your many roles in order to use the power of distributed, agile governance
- Learn how to unravel the dynamic of “when everyone is accountable, no one is accountable”
Session 5: Mapping your Team (organization, collective, or family) through Clarifying Who’s Doing What
- Leverage how you share power in your team for social change to get more ALIGNED energy and engagement from all team members
- Understand the purpose and use of core management roles and team based roles
- Envision and put what you’ve learned into practice with real world work and teams in your life
- Understand how to confer autonomy and get accountability
- Create the foundation for collaborative accountability that transforms traditional forms of oppression that make it difficult to hold people accountable in participatory environments
Session 6: Crafting a Workable Collaborative Accountability System: Understand what accountability means and identify who we are accountable to
- Understand what accountability means and identify who we are accountable to
- Set up collective task tracking for crafting that culture of accountability across your team
- Get tools to become visibly on track and deliver on your goals
- Integrate the capacity for collaboratively following up on tasks not accomplished
- Learn how to work with people in your team who, despite their good intentions, have not followed through with what they said they would do
- Learn why, how and what to track for collaborative impact
Session 7: Implementation tools and techniques Part I: Embodying the change
- Learn how to introduce these tools to your potentially hesitant teams
- Gain guerilla tactics for collaboration
- Identifying opportunities for intervention
Session 8: Implementation tools and techniques Part II: Practical Solutions to Different Situations
- Unpack different implementation scenarios to troubleshoot how to put these practices into place
- Get facilitation tips and tricks
- Review the course concepts and practices
Session 9: Practicing and Refining your Collaborative Leadership Skills
- Get an overview of how to facilitate the other conversations
- Practice and refine your facilitation skills as ways of managing unhealthy power dynamics in the moment
- Identify the need for purpose, business model, strategy, interpersonal and personal development conversations
- Prepare for the certification exam
Session 10: Integrating, Completing, and Moving Forward
- Prepare for the certification exam
- Review the certification test and training objectives
- Demonstrate the integration of your new capacities
- Create a clear plan of action for moving forward for yourself and your team
Click here to read more for the next steps!
- Step 1: Apply today BELOW.
- Step 2: Interview with a member of our team to determine if this is the right program for you.
- Step 3: Determine your financial needs and plans.
- We have payment plans and financial support options. And, some Vermont residents will be eligible for funding through a VSAC Grant.
- Step 4: Cohort Placement.
- After we have settled the details, we will place you in a small cohort of your peers and an instructor who will be your partners through this transformative learning journey.
- This cohort model provides space for group learning of communication practices, acts as a sounding board, and facilitates crucial feedback for practicing your leadership skills.
- Step 5: The Journey
- Your cohort will spend 10 weeks completing the 10 learning sessions we have planned to take your collaborative leadership to the next level.
- The course will be delivered virtually and is flexible so you can learn at your own pace.
Click here to find out: How much does this life-changing leadership program cost?
Level I is designed to be a 10 week intensive program with weekly sessions and critical feedback for your leadership. With everything included, the cost of the Level I Training to become a certified Facilitator is $2500. This includes all learning materials, the 10 sessions, coordination, individualized feedback, and the training itself. Monthly payment plans are available.
**Financial Aid and Scholarships Available!!
Our intention is to make this course accessible to everyone.
If you need support financially, please indicate this as you apply for the course. We’ll do our best to make it work! If you are a Vermont resident, you may be eligible for a VSAC non-degree grant. See more here.
We also have financial aid available if needed.
Collaborative Leadership Certification Program Application:
Applications due now!
Fill out the fields below, hit the submit button, and check your e-mail for an invitation to a meeting to review your application. If you have any questions, add it to your application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Don’t forget to click “Submit Your Application”!
Learn more Through Reviewing our Previous Introductory Sessions:
Listen in on the conversations below about the transformation, objectives, and projects in the Collaborative Leadership Certification Program. The program is designed to strengthen collaborative leadership with both tools and personal development. You’ll see results before the end of this 10 week program in your leadership and how to facilitate your team’s dynamics.
In this session, explore the solutions to and opportunities for shifting harmful power dynamics that our cooperative’s experience including examples from our current students. Skip to minute 55:03 to learn more about this training!
New Year Recording:
In this session, you’ll have the opportunity to reflect back, look ahead, and best of all, to dive into your own leadership journey and learn from others. Skip to minute 49:30 to learn more about this training!